Wildlife Recording Day at St. Lucia’s Church, Abernant
Friday 16th of September
2pm – 4pm
Join us for a Wildlife Recording day at St Lucia’s Church, where we will discuss the importance of wildlife and nature on your doorstep! St. Lucia’s has a Bronze Eco Church accreditation, and is encouraging biodiversity in its green spaces.
We will introduce WWBIC and our services, and will give a short workshop on:
- What is a biological record?
- How to make your wildlife sightings count
- How to record your sightings in different ways
Followed by a walk around the church grounds, where we will record as many species as possible. There will be wildlife enthusiasts on hand to help with identification!
Where to Meet
We will meet at the entrance to the Church.
There is parking on the road outside the church at St. Lucia’s. There is room to park on the verge by the church wall. If approaching from the Carmarthen direction if you carry on past the church main gate and round the corner and then pull in on the left.
What to Bring
- Drinking water,
- Dress for the weather! – Waterproof jacket and trousers, a sun hat and sun cream,
- Notebook and pen,
- A smart phone for making records on the LERC Wales App!
Health & Safety
- The event will be outside, please ensure that you are equipped for the changeable weather,
- Please be mindful of keeping a safe distance from other attendees,
- If you have been in close contact with someone with COVID-19, are feeling unwell or have COVID-19, please stay safe at home