Search within user defined geographical area. Includes report on species, habitat and designated and local site data, categorised to follow a range of International, European, national and locally recognised statuses.
GIS plot displaying points (e.g. for species occurrence), or polygons (e.g. for habitat types).
Planning List Checking Service
Planning authorities can submit selected applications or lists of all planning applications for biodiversity searches to an agreed set of criteria, to include species, site and brief habitat audit.
This service can be extended for Local Development Plan checking.
Alert GIS layers
A sub-section of species and site data held by the LRCs can be supplied as Alert Layers, through a Data Licence Agreement, tailored to the customers needs. These are then held readily available in the customers IT system and can be mapped on to OS base maps using a variety of GIS softwares.
As part of the service, WWBIC can supply regular updates, usually quarterly or 6 monthly, to the customer. These updates will incorporate any additions made to the reporting database. This can be provided as an individual or Wales LRC service.
Collation and management of species and habitat data to include data exchange with VC recorders for verification and management of data exchanged with NBN Gateway.
Digitisation of Phase1/NVC habitat data or site boundaries into GIS format.
- Input of species records from paper format into electronic format.
- Retrieval of data held in obsolete electronic formats.
Maps showing distribution of individual species or taxon group by grid square.
GIS Data analysis and modelling
- Biodiversity Assessment where data using a range of features are combined to produce a single alert layer ascribing overall biodiversity value.
- Habitat fragmentation and connectivity modelling.
- Probability of occurrence and metapopulation modelling.
- Hydrological analysis (model the movement of water across a surface).
- Erosion analysis (model of the erosion and deposition across a surface).